After a win over the LSU Tigers in the quarterfinals on Friday afternoon, the No. 15 Arkansas Razorbacks will take on the Texas A&M Aggies in the Semifinals of the SEC Tournament inside Amalie Arena in Tampa (Fla.). This will be the 164th meeting between the two programs, who split their two matchups earlier this season. The Razorbacks hold a 105-58 lead in the all-time series with the Aggies and won the most recent matchup, 76-73 in overtime.
“I have tremendous respect for Buzz Williams as a coach,” Arkansas head coach Eric Musselman said. “He has a group of guys that, much like us, got hot at the end of the year. They’ve done a phenomenal job of playing really, really good basketball lately.”
WHO: Texas A&M Aggies (22-11, 9-9 SEC) vs. No. 15 Arkansas Razorbacks (25-7, 13-5 SEC)
WHEN: Saturday, Mar. 12 at noon (CST)
WHERE: Amalie Arena (21,500 cap.) | Tampa (Fla.)
TV/STREAM: ESPN (Karl Ravech, Jimmy Dykes and Marty Smith) | Available via ESPN App or HERE
RADIO: Razorback Gameday App HERE | Sirius Ch. 134, XM Ch. 190 | Batesville KWOZ-FM 103.3 | Batesville KBTA-AM 1340 | Camden KCXY-FM 95.3 | Camden KAMD-FM 97.1 | Crossett KAGH-AM 800 | Crossett KAGH-FM 104.9 | De Queen KDQN-FM 92.1 | DeWitt KDEW-FM 97.3 | El Dorado KMRX-FM 96.1 | Fayetteville KAKS-FM 99.5 | Fayetteville KUOA-AM 1290 | Fayetteville KQSM-FM 92.1 | Fayetteville KUOA-FM 95.3 | Fayetteville KBVA-FM HD3 106.5 | Forrest City KBFC-FM 93.5 | Fort Smith KERX-FM 95.3 | Glenwood KHGZ-AM 670 | Glenwood KHGZ-FM 98.9 | Hot Springs/Mena KTTG-FM 96.3 | Jonesboro KEGI-FM 100.5 | Little Rock KABZ-FM 103.7 | Magnolia KZHE-FM 100.5 | Marshall KBCN-FM 104.3 | 96.3 Monett (Mo.) KKBL-FM 95.9 | Monticello KGPQ-FM 99.9 | Morrilton KCON-FM 99.3 | Mountain Home KOMT-FM 107.5 | Ozark KDYN-FM 96.7 | Ozark KDYN-AM 1540 | Ruston (La.) KWXM-FM 102.3 | Searcy KSMD-FM 99.1 | Texarkana (Texas) KKTK-AM 1400 | Wynne KWYN-FM 92.5 | TuneIn
UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS GAME NOTES:
- This is the 31st SEC Tournament for Arkansas and the Razorbacks are 29-28.
- Arkansas won the SEC Tournament championship in 2000
- Arkansas has reached seven finals (’95, ’99, ’00, ’07, ’08, ’15 and ’17) and 15 semifinals
- Arkansas is 2-1 all-time in Tampa
- The Razorbacks defeated Purdue, 78-68, in the 1983 NCAA Midwest Regional (3/19/83) at Tampa’s Sun Dome.
- Arkansas lost to Florida, 73-58, in the first round of the 2009 SEC Tournament (3/12/09) at the St. Pete Times Forum.
- Arkansas defeated LSU, 79-67, in the 2022 SEC Tournament (3/11/22) at Amalie Arena.
- Arkansas will have five days between its regular-season finale at Tennessee and its SEC quarterfinal match-up.
- FYI, Coach Musselman is 47-10 as a collegiate head coach — 19-3 at Arkansas — when having 4+ days of rest between games.
- Arkansas is 11-1 in games this year when having two days or fewer days rest between games. The lone loss came at Tennessee in the regular-season finale
- According to ESPN Basketball Power Index, Arkansas had THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE NATION over the last 5 regular season games.
- All five of Arkansas’ final five games were QUAD 1 games including four games being among the NCAA NET top 20: – #8 Tennessee twice • at #54 Florida • #4 Kentucky • #16 LSU •
- Arkansas is: 7-5 vs Q1 5-0 vs Q2 6-2 vs Q3 7-0 vs Q4
Did you know HawgSports.com has a podcast called HawgSports LIVE, along with the popular and occasional Walk & Talk? New episodes are available weekly, bringing you the best Razorback breakdowns and opinions from the top guys in the industry, Trey Biddy, Danny West and Curtis Wilkerson. Catch the latest episode and also subscribe here on iTunes, or catch the latest episode here on Megaphone or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts. Just search for HawgSports Live on your favorite platform.