A birthday party for Newton will kick off the year-long celebration of the City’s Sesquicentennial in 2022.
The public is invited to the free, come-and-go event from 4-7 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Meridian Center, 1420 E. Broadway Court
The event will begin with a brief community history and reading of the proclamation marking the City’s official incorporation date with the State of Kansas, followed by birthday refreshments.
The event will also feature arts activities for kids, the first chance to purchase Newton150 merchandise, a photo booth presented by Harvey County Historical Museum, and entertainment by local performers:
- 5 p.m. Newton Mid-Kansas Symphony Orchestra
- 5:30 p.m. Our Lady of Guadalupe dance troupes
- 6 p.m. Music and dancing by Bethel College Academy of Performing Arts
- 6:30 p.m. Newton High School jazz ensemble
- 7 p.m. Newton High School Railaires
Community partners including the Harvey County Historical Society, Newton Public Library, and Newton Area Chamber of Commerce continue to plan programming to celebrate throughout 2022. Another major community celebration is planned for June 4, with details to be announced soon.
Post a comment below